Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Happy Earth Day!

Earth Day was a few days ago.  In the spirit of Earth Day here is a fun (and easy) Earth Day project.
I found the original idea here, but tweaked it and had my Girl Scout troop do all the work!  We gave them a plain piece of  paper, some used construction paper (green and 2 shades of blue), glue and some markers to write with.
 

They tore the pieces of construction paper into smaller pieces then glued them into the center of the circle they made with a small paper plate.  The smaller you tear the paper the longer the craft will take.  We used left-over construction paper to reinforce the reduce, reuse, recycle theme.  Plus, construction paper is thicker than tissue paper so the glue won't seep through as easily and make a big, sticky mess.


Once they covered their circle, with the different colors of construction paper, they wrote one or two things they would do to help the Earth.
Viola!  A beautiful, unique Earth that the kids can call their own!

4 comments:

  1. You don't have a follow button. :(

    I love the project. Looks like they had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I did! I will have to fix that, thank you for letting me know.

      They did have fun with the project.

      Delete
  2. Great project! They turned out great!

    ReplyDelete